Exotic alloys are used in specialty alloy fasteners that require high performance in extreme environments. Exotic materials fasteners perform well in high temperature, high stress and high corrosion environments and can be manufactured to tight tolerances, allowing for exact fit. Many of these specialty alloy screws, bolts, nuts and studs must be machined using special processes to prevent work hardening and brittleness that negatively impacts performance.
Eastwood Manufacturing produces custom fasteners
We use the following exotic alloys:
- Titanium – Used for power generation, marine and military components that require high tensile strength to weight ratios, corrosion resistance and perform well in high wear and high temperature environments. These include frames, landing gear, hydraulic equipment, propeller rigging and heat exchangers.
- Zirconium – Used for components used in high corrosion environments, including nuclear power plants, and high temperature parts for engines and turbines.
- Tantalum – Used for furnace and heat processing components due to its high melting point and oxidation resistance. It is bioinert and is also used for medical implant components.
- Ferralium – Used for chemical and process equipment and manufacturing equipment components that require high corrosion and high abrasion resistance.
- MP35N – Used for marine and processing equipment components requiring high strength, high wear and extremely high corrosion resistance. These include saltwater and high acid applications.
Eastwood has full CNC machining and forging production facilities, and specializes in working with non-standard materials. Our staff has the experience to accommodate the specific properties of exotic metals, ensuring that your fastener will meet your exact specifications and perform to the highest standards. We can manufacture your fastener to exacting tolerances with custom sizes, shapes and thread configurations. In addition, our fasteners are manufactured to MIL-I 45208 standards and we can manufacture to ASTM, SAE, DIN and customer-defined specifications.
We are committed to manufacturing the highest quality fasteners, and our experienced staff will work with you from your initial call through delivery of a production-ready product to ensure that your part is manufactured to your exact specifications.
Contact us for a quote for your exotic alloy fastener.
Click here to submit a Request for Quote
or call us today at 281-447-0081